Sunday, November 21, 2010

Week 2 - wood chopping & dropping strength on sets

Today I have felt pretty good overall.  I spent about an hour to an hour and a half cutting up firewood today (4.5 wheel barrow loads).

Workout:
Pullups - set 1 was great.  2 was decent.  3 dropped strength a lot.  Set 4 I had to stop at seven reps because my forearms were giving out. Note - wear straps next week
Floor press - Not great, not horrid.
Bicep curls - Ugh.  Set 1 was good.  2 was decent.  Set 3 involved a pause, and some cheat curls. Set 4 was about 50% good reps, 50% cheat curls.
Calf raises - nothing major to report.

All in all, a much better workout than last week.  I actually reached failure on at least two sets for all of my exercises, which means my weights are dialed in perfectly.  Next week:  more weight!

Energy levels:
During the day - not bad at all.
Workout - The lifting was difficult, but my energy levels were fine
Post-workout - I have been in "go mode" since the end of the workout, and just finished my second-to-last meal (medium day).  I am going to relax for a while and see how things go.

No comments:

Post a Comment