Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Shelby is an evil man

I have my new diet and workout routine from Shelby Starnes.  The diet is not going to be difficult.  Very similar to the fat-loss plan, just larger portions and some different peri-workout nutrition.  The lifting will be brutal.  Four days a week.  Two days are shoulder, triceps, and squats.  The other two are back, chest, biceps, calves.  And then I toss in abs and cardio on my non-lifting days.  The "best" part:  no lockout for any exercise.  Constant tension on all reps, and everything is in the hypertrophy zone.  This routine will either make me explode or it will kill me.

I am testing out the various exercises so I know what to start with next week.  Half of the lifts I did today, the other half I will do on Friday.  And then Sunday begins twelve weeks of brutality.

3 comments:

  1. Should be an adventure, can't wait to see/hear the results. Please be careful and listen to your body - you don't want any more surgeries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Listening to your body makes you fat.
    At least in my case :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elf, that's why you should listen to *mine* instead. ;-)

    ReplyDelete