Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Supplement Stack, Dips, and stuff

1.  Powdery stuff
The supplement stack I take peri-workout:  waxy maize, whey isolate, maltodextrin, Anatrop (from troponinnutrition.com).  Anatrop + maltodextrin + whey tastes of bitter ass, due to the creatine and BCAAs in Anatrop.  Maize + Anatrop tastes like kind of chalky bitter ass.  Whey + maltodextrin is fine, because I put in flavoring.  The Anatrop is technically fruit punch flavored.  But still tastes nasty.

It seems like the stack keeps me going.  I had more energy today than I have the past couple of workouts.  The real test will be on Friday when I do back squats.

2.  Dipping things
My dip bars arrived today, hooray!  And a big yay for NewYorkBarbells.com for selling dip bars that attach to my rack.  $40 including delivery, woohoo!  The bars work wonderfully, provided I point them into the rack.  I tried having them point out at first, and the rack started tipping over.  Oops.

Also, I am very happy that I had no trouble doing the dips.  My delts felt a bit tight at first, but they loosened up nicely.  I only used bodyweight, as I have not done dips since I hurt my shoulder and had to get surgery.  Which was in 2006, I believe.  3x12 was no problem at all, and I remembered how to change positioning to switch it from a tricep exercise to a chest dominant one.

3.  Meals
I am having trouble keeping track of my meals.  One day a week I have five meals plus my peri-workout stuff, three days I have six meals, and the other three days I have six meals plus the peri-workout.  I need to remember to eat more often earlier in the day.  It is now 6pm, and I need to eat around 7, and then I have two additional meals to eat before bed.  During the day I eat about every 3 hours.  With 6-7 feedings a day, I need to shorten that to about every 2.5 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment