Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Recover, Refeed, Restart

Current maxes:
  • Bench:  215# (gods I am pathetic)
  • Squat:  295# (likewise)
  • Dead:  445# (estimated, based upon my 395x5 the other week) 
No real workouts since Friday, aside from a couple half-assed cardio sessions and the max out.  My legs have been very sore and tight the past couple of days, so this morning I did a heavy bike sprint cycle and stretched.  I feel much better.  I must remember not to stop exercising abruptly.  Apparently my body does not like it.

Saturday I went to LaVida Massage to get a 30 minute massage from Johanna.  Tiny, cute, rockabilly/goth girl.  She focused mainly on a huge knot in my mid traps.  And she giggled a lot at the purring noises I made.  *grin*  I was not even actively flirting.  Saturday the spot on my traps hurt (felt like a huge bruise), Sunday it was sore, but by Monday it was much better.  Twelve weeks of constant deadlifts and heavy pullups & rows apparently trashed my traps.  Who knew?


So, I am up 4# and 1/2" on my waist since Saturday morning.  Not surprising at all, due to: 1) a lot more carbs than I have had for months; 2) several gorge days; 3) no real workouts.   Therefore, I am going back on the diet template for the next four days (today through Saturday) in hopes to trim back down a bit before embarking on the Shelby mass gaining cycle on Sunday.

Restaurants we have hit since ending the diet:
  • Denny's - Meh.  It was food.  That is the most I can say for it.  Not nearly as tasty as I remember
  • Texas Roadhouse - Again, it was food.  Better than Denny's, but really nothing impressive other than the fact that it was steak I did not cook
  • Fiona's Deli - Sandwiches still very tasty, but again, don't need it in the future
  • Young's Vietnamese - Still oh-so-tasty.  Must visit again for another cheat meal
  • Camacho's Mexican - Ditto.  
  • Coopersmith Pub - *shrug*  No need to go again.   

No comments:

Post a Comment