Sunday, November 14, 2010

Lifting, Week 1 - Day 1

The lifting today was hard, but not killer.  The main exercises went quite well, while the supplementals were brutal.  *snort*  I will probably be really hyper in about an hour or two (effect of a challenging but not draining workout).  I was a bit head-spinny at the end of the workout.  Hopefully the supplement stack will help alleviate that.  Unfortunately, I get to do tomorrow's squat workout supplement-free, as the stuff isn't supposed to be here until Wednesday or so.

--EDIT:  I did not become hyper and energized later on.  I was basically in a near-crash state.  Burning ears, lack of energy, etc.  Again, hopefully the supplement stack will help.  As will acclimating to the workout.

All in all, not a bad session.  I really enjoyed being able to make a chicken wrap for lunch.  Brown rice tortillas are kind of funky, but they work well as food holders.  Tomorrow I get to try brown rice bread.  Yay sammiches!

Doing shots of straight olive oil isn't too bad, but I will probably find a way to work it into my food, rather than just drinking it down.

Pumpkin pancakes:
1 cup egg beaters
1/2 cup pumpkin
1/2 cup oat flour
cinnamon, nutmeg, clove
about 50 carbs, 25 protein.  Also, an easy way to consume two servings of oatmeal.
Would be better with syrup (must look for calorie free stuff at the store).

Sadly, these are medium-day only treats.  So, Sundays it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment