Monday, November 22, 2010

Hunger & Front Squats

note:  a couple of hours post-workout I am crashing slightly.  No mood problems, but burning ears and utter lack of energy.  Chalking this one up to a hard workout, compounded with the workout & wood chopping from yesterday.  Just tired.

Woke up very hungry.  Hooray for high days that let me stuff my tummy with oatmeal, brown rice bread (tasty, but dense) and omlettes.  [silly thought:  "cigarette" means "small cigar".  Does "omlette" mean "small om"?]

Photos were taken today, due to sun issues yesterday morning.

--edit:  post meal #4
Still hungry, even though I have had a meal every two hours (8,10,12,2:30).  Supplement stack and two more meals to go.  I fear my hunger levels tomorrow.

Workout:
Went much better today than last week.  I have my weights dialed in pretty well.  Aiming for 10-12 reps per set, and I was hitting that nearly every set.  My last set of front squats only got to 8, but that was due to a lack of energy.  I lost strength in my overhead press sets drastically.  12,9,8,11 with descending weight.  I was wondering why I had such issues, then remembered that I did floor press yesterday, and thus my delts were already a bit tired.  I'll make up for it on Friday.

Yet again, I was shaky after my last set of front squats.  I have a suspicion that this will be a theme.

Next week, I will either be staying at the same weights and aiming for more reps (complete all of my sets) or going up in weight slightly (if I feel particularly strong).  Which is as it should be.

Still in a good mood, just kind of dead from the workout.  Tomorrow is an off-day, so just cardio.

I will be shuffling things a bit this week.  Wednesday will be another low day, Thursday high, Friday medium.  I can't lift on Wednesday, thus the shuffle.  Although doing back squats on a medium day is going to suck.

--Post meal #6
Ever since the workout, I have been dragging.  I am exhausted now [8:30pm], and will be showering and going to sleep.  Tomorrow will be interesting.  But I do have the additional carbs to look forward to, so I am hoping that I do not crash out.

No comments:

Post a Comment