Thursday, November 4, 2010

Silly Squats

I am strangely hyper and energetic today (although I am low on strength).  Perhaps it is the knowledge that the diet ends after tomorrow.  Anyhow, instead of my scheduled day off of lifting, I decided to go play.  And thus came into being my silly squat session.

Used a light weight (only 135#) and a 16" box for depth (touch & go).  Cranked out 100 reps in six sets (20,20,10,20,20,10).  If I was pushing myself, I could have gone much heavier or used fewer sets.  But today was just play time.  Got my heart rate up quite nicely.

Note:  when it is routinely below freezing at night and only up to the high 40's during the day, barbells get friggin cold.  I had to use lifting gloves to keep my hands from freezing.  I felt like such a pussy.

No comments:

Post a Comment