Tuesday, December 14, 2010

12/14 - Tuesday - Post Vegas

Vegas was double-plus ungood in terms of my diet & physique.
These numbers are the differences from Friday morning until today (Tuesday):

Mass:  192.0 (+8.25)
Waist:  33.0 (+0.875)
Arm:  16.0 (+0.125)
Thigh:  23.5 (+0.5)
Calf: 14.75 (+0.25)
Chest:  42.375 (+0.875)

This is rather shocking and upsetting.  Considering that due to flight delays I only had one meal in Vegas on Friday (plus a turkey sandwich and protein bar in the airport), that means that I put on eight pounds in three days.  And I really did not eat all that much.  I cannot imagine that I ate enough extra food to pack on over eight pounds, and yet I have done so.  I had not anticipated getting to this mass for several more weeks, and I was kind of hoping to keep my waist below 33" at all times.

My only consolation is that the last time my waist was at 33.0" (in early October while dieting down), I weighed 186.0 pounds, and my arm was at 15.75" (I was not tracking the rest of my measurements).  So I am six pounds heavier, and my arm is a quarter inch larger than when I was at this waist size last time.  Alternately, when I was last at this mass, my waist was at 34".  So I am better than before, but the rapid gains  are still concerning.

There was only one meal where I know I over-ate, and that was intentional.  Reason:  On both Friday and Saturday I crashed out rather badly, which is a sign that I need more food.  So on Sunday, I ate an overly large meal in an attempt to offset the crashes.

Due to visiting with friends & family and various shows/events, I was not able to eat on schedule.  Friday and Saturday I only ate three times, Sunday and Monday had four meals.

I did not exercise normally while in Vegas.  The hotel's gym was laughable, and was not worth the cost.  I did average about five miles a day of walking (in boots that weigh almost three pounds a piece).

No comments:

Post a Comment