Thursday, December 30, 2010

Thursday - Push

@08:45 - Was thinking about lifting tonight, but with Wendi's shoulder hurting it is not worth going into town by myself.  Snowing, windy, and in the 20's all day.  I am not going to be lifting in the garage.  Then again, I might.  It is supposed to be in the single digits tomorrow, and the gym in town will be closed.  Which does not make for happy lifting Davens.  We'll see how I feel later on.

On the upside, not having a lifting-day dependent carb cycling diet means that I don't have to be concerned with eating on the wrong schedule.

@22:00 - today was supposed to be an off day, but I went ahead and lifted anyways.  Up in weight on both bench and dips (only a little, but more than nothing).  My reps went down, but that was kind of to be expected.  More weight, not a ton of energy, and a lot of cold (it was below 30 in the building).  Lat raises I kept the weight but went up in reps a little.

Bench - after my first set, I really was able to dial in my form.  I was actively tensing my pecs almost the entire set.  Thus, fewer reps, because I was able to keep constant tension.  I think that I am going to try to do the same in most exercises from now on.  First set (heavy) - just move the weight.  Subsequent sets (lighter weight, rep to failure) - try to keep constant tension going.

No comments:

Post a Comment