Thursday, December 9, 2010

Thursday - Squats

@11:15 - so far, so good today.  Mood is fine, energy is good, not dreading my lifting tonight.

@15:30 - nothing major to report.  A little bit hungry, but nothing major.  Lifting in about 45 minutes.

@17:30 - Workout was a no-go.  Good energy levels, felt great walking in.  Warmed up, then went for my first set of overhead press.  Got half way up, and my delts said "oh hell no".  Tried a back squat with 130# (you know, about 175# less than my working weight).  Got down in the hole, and barely could get back up, thanks to my upper thighs/hip flexors.

Skipping the latter two of my per-workout shakes.  And just saying "hell with it".
I firmly blame this on trying to workout after last night (I usually have a day between lifting sessions)

@22:15 - I am concerned about my weigh-in tomorrow.  I really feel like I have not earned the amount of food I have been consuming.  No cardio, only three of four lifting days, and vastly elevated calories.  I think this spells a very bad morning.  182#-183# is where I would like to be.  Possibly up to 184#, but that is pushing it.  Any more than that is just more fat I have to rip off later on.  Somehow, I don't think Shelby will be pleased with my results.

No comments:

Post a Comment