Sunday, December 26, 2010

12/26 - Sunday Check in

CURRENT WEIGHT: 186.5
LAST WEEK’S WEIGHT:  187.0
CURRENT CARB ROTATION:  none
CURRENT CARDIO:  none

HOW TRAINING/STRENGTH GAINS ARE GOING:

This week I did a deload, more or less.  I just dialed in my main exercises for the new routine early in the week (worked up to the 6-8/4-6 rep max).  On Friday I began the new routine, starting with my legs day.  I can safely say that I enjoyed the workout vastly more than the previous routine.  I had no issues with endurance, strength, or completing my reps.  My weights are not all that much lower than they were before I dropped the 35# of fat.  In February I was doing RDLs for 435x2, and I was at 365x6 on Friday after not doing them for many months.  (Yes, I know, I am pathetically weak)


On a fun note:  every 10% drop in weight I got another 3 reps.  I wonder if that will continue with my upper body days.
ANY DEVIATIONS THIS PAST WEEK:

Nope.  Just the aforementioned deload.
DETAILED MEASUREMENTS
Weight:  186.5 (-0.5)
Waist:  32.675 (-0.125)
Arm: 15.875 (-0.125)
Thigh:  23.375 (+0.125)
Calf:  14.5 (no change)


PHOTOS:  http://s1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd478/davenwilliams/Progress%20Photos/2010-12-26/



VIDEOS:

Squat - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_tNf0B2-JE
Romanian Deadlift - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zTzyHMfF8I

I apologize for the lack of lighting (our garage is kind of dim).  Also, I suggest watching with the sound turned off.  The music in the background does not come through well.


These are for my first working set of each exercise.  I just recorded squats and RDLs.  Hamstring curls and calf raises I did not think were necessary.


I will be recording other videos as I get to the workouts with the relevant exercises.


OTHER NOTES:
For the past few weeks my Saturday routine has included 4-5 hours of chopping wood.  Which involves:
1) cutting tree trunks into 6'-8' logs (anywhere from 50# to about 300#), carrying them about 50' (Zercher, shoulder carry, or bear hug, depending upon the log.  Some of the big ones I do a Fingals Fingers flip), and tossing them over a 4' high barbwire fence

2)  picking the logs up, placing them onto a cutting station (about 3' high), and sawing them into fire-place size billets (chunks)
3)  chopping the billets into cord wood
Usually by the end of this I am drenched in sweat (even though it is in the low 40's) and worn out enough that I merely flop on the couch for several hours.  I interspace the hauling/sawing/chopping sessions with food, so I have not missed or delayed any meals.


This routine will continue throughout the remainder of the winter.  The only deviations will be if it is really windy or actively raining on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment