Sunday, December 19, 2010

12/19 - Sunday Checkin

The differences are from the Friday check-in on 12/10 (pre-Vegas), not from Tuesday 12/14


CURRENT WEIGHT: 187.0
LAST WEEK’S WEIGHT:  183.75
CURRENT CARB ROTATION:  none
CURRENT CARDIO:  none

HOW TRAINING/STRENGTH GAINS ARE GOING:
Lousy.  I only lifted three times this past week (Tuesday, Thursday, Friday)



Tuesday [standing BB OH press, tricep pressdown, back squats] - I had trouble completing my sets at all.  I did not go up in weight on OH press, and got fewer reps than the previous week.  Pressdowns I at least could do (as opposed to skull crushers).  Squats I went down to 225 just so I could get through all of my sets.


Thursday [pullups, floor press, ez curl, standing calf] - I sort of made it through pullups, but I dropped reps on a couple of sets.  Again, worse than the previous week.  I got through 2.5 sets of floor press, and then was stapled.  I had no strength or endurance, and I just stopped my workout rather than push through and likely hurt myself


Friday [DB OH press, tricep pushdown, front squat] - Again, issues getting all of the reps in my sets without going up in weight.

ANY DEVIATIONS THIS PAST WEEK:

Thursday - I only had a bit of my during workout shake and I skipped my post-workout shake, due to not completing my workout.

Friday - I did not have my pre-workout shake.  I was rather nauseous prior to lifting.  Post-workout I had a Metabolic Drive protein bar (Biotest brand).  We went into town to lift (details below), and I forgot to mix my post-workout shake to bring with us.

DETAILED MEASUREMENTS
Weight:  187.0 (+3.25)
Waist:  32.75 (+0.675)
Arm: 16.0 (+0.125)
Thigh:  23.25 (+0.25)
Calf:  14.5 (no change)
Chest:  due to difficulties getting consistent results, I am not measuring my chest



So I gained a few pounds, no strength or endurance, and the only appreciable change was that my waist went up over half an inch.  Note to self:  no more vacations until I have at least a decent amount of muscle and am lean.

PHOTOS:  http://s1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd478/davenwilliams/Progress%20Photos/2010-12-19/

OTHER NOTES:

On Friday we visited the gym in town, as it was too cold to lift in our garage.  Nice gym, has everything necessary for our workouts.  We might get a membership for the next few months depending upon price.


Tuesday - mild post-workout crash.  Nothing major, attributed to being worn out from not sleeping or eating correctly while in Vegas
Wednesday - Hungry and kind of down most of the day.  Actually had some DOMS in my quads from the squats.  Shocking, with the pathetic performance I had
Thursday - Hungry and low on energy all day.  Also I was very cold, even when standing in front of the fire.  Wendi was not having any issues with the temperature, and I am usually the one who runs warm.  So it was not the house that was cold, just me.  I just could not get warm.  After lifting I became somewhat nauseous and was utterly exhausted.
Friday - Again, extremely cold.  Immediately post-workout (a few minutes after I finished my front squats) I crashed out hard (thus the protein bar).  Continued to be pretty much dead for the rest of the evening.
Saturday - I felt ok most of the day.  I was very worn out in the afternoon, but that was due to sawing up trees, hauling the logs around, and then chopping them into firewood.  For four and a half hours.  It seems that tossing around logs that weigh between 50# - 200# and swinging an ax for a few hours is mildly exhausting.  Who knew?


Workout-wise, I am throwing in the towel for this routine.  In the last ten workouts (5 sets of 10-12/8-10 reps) I have only truly completed two of the workouts (BB row, dips, hammer curls, seated calf).  So for eight of ten sessions I dropped reps, sets, or just had to stop.  I don't know if it is just that I am so incredibly out of shape that I cannot make it through, or that the straight high rep sets of single exercises just don't work for me.  But even dropping weight drastically between sets I continue to struggle, and not in a good way.

No comments:

Post a Comment