Monday, February 7, 2011

Monday - Squats

@08:00 - Today is day #2 of 5/3/1, and I will concentrating on squats.

I did not sleep very well.  Woke up at 3:00am, and never really fell back asleep.  Just dozed a bit.  Ah well.

In terms of workouts - I had forgotten that I have my tattoo on Feb 21st.  If I work out four times a week, then I  will only get through my first two weeks of lifting before the tattoo (3x5, 3x3).  However, if I do a two-on,one-off cycle (Sun,Mon, Wed,Thurs, Sat,Sun, etc), then I will be able to get in almost all of my workouts for the first cycle (I will miss out on my 5-3-1 day for deads/back).  So, I think I am going to try that out.

@08:15 - On reflection, 2-on/1-off will only get me one extra workout.  With my normal schedule (Sun,Mon,Wed,Fri) I will have nine more workouts before my tattoo session.  With the 2/1, I will have ten more.  So, meh.  I am on a leaning cycle, I need my recovery & cardio time

@13:30 - Meal #2 was at 12:00.  I am now dizzy from hunger, so I am going to eat meal #3.  Meal #4 (carby) will occur before I lift, which might not be for a while, as an electrician will be coming by to give an estimate for running a 240v line under the house.

@14:00 - just ate, still hungry.  I guess 5/3/1 kicked up my metabolism a bit.

My Geronimo and ALCAR just arrived, so I will be starting those today.
Geronimo - energy booster for lifting
ALCAR - Acetyl L-Carnitine (aka - Carnitine L-Tartrate/CLT):  Helps with muscular recovery.  Will be taking a hit before every exercise session (cardio & weights)

@21:30 - At 15:30 I took my second shot of Metabotrop & Cognitrop.  At 16:00 I took a single scoop of Geronimo and some ALCAR.  The workout went pretty well.  Got through everything, no problems with energy or strength throughout.  I did get a bit head-spinny during my RDLs, but that is not an issue.  I also was able to isolate my hams much more than usual.  yay for technique progress.

I am wiped now.  After the workout I ate and cooked a lot.  No more food tonight, so I will just be kind of dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment