Friday, February 11, 2011

Friday - Deads & Back

Yes, I am making my deadlift day a "back" day.  Deads work the back of the body, don't they?  *grin*

@08:30 - Feeling pretty good so far.  My chest is still sore as all hell from Wednesday, but other than that I seem to be in good shape.

@12:15 - Hungry and oddly tired.  Been this way for a few hours now.  *annoyed*

@18:15 - went for a walk during the afternoon, perked me up a bit.

I officially love my pre-workout supplement stack.  Pre-workout carby meal with Metabotrop + Cognitrop (at around 15:00).  Thirty minutes later, two scoops of Geronimo with a scoop of ALCAR.  An hour after my workout I am still energetic, although worn out.

Lifting went quite well.  I hit an easy single at 415# for deadlifts.  I calculated my percentages using 425# as my 1RM, although if I was truly maxing out I could probably have gotten at least 445#.  But, no reason to over-strain myself.

After my 3x5 deadlifts (250x5, 285x5, 325x7), I did strict pulldowns (full stretch, contract lats first), single handed rows, and alternating sets of supinated and hammer curls.  Finished up with weighted leg raises and some stretching.  During the curls, I had veins popping out that ran horizontally across my biceps.  First time that has ever happened.

My endurance was not superlative (I wound up doing drop sets), but still, I made it through without lagging.  Granted, I was somewhat nauseous, but I am blaming it on the ab work and general fatigue.

No comments:

Post a Comment