Saturday, February 26, 2011

WATERBURY HFT CALF TRAINING

CALF THOUGHTS:

Once increase my food intake to "a bit above maintenance levels" (aka - slow gains), I am going to add Waterbury's HFT Calf Routine into my training program.  It is a very simple bodyweight routine, two workouts per day.  He recommends a 2 on - 1 off cycle (ex:  Mon,Tues, Thurs,Fri, Sun,Mon...).  However, due to the fact that I am bad about having my workouts out of sync (I forget to do stuff), I will be just sticking to Sun,Mon,Tues,Thurs,Fri (Wed & Sat off).  The extra day should not do any harm.

The routine is as follows:

AM workout:
A1)  Single leg hop x 10 - goal is to hop as high as possible.  Really push hard.
A2)  Single leg calf raise x 5 - Five second contraction (try to cramp), followed by five second break.
No rest between exercises.
Rest 60 seconds after A2.
Do three cycles for one leg, then switch to the other leg

PM workout:
A)  Double leg calf raise to failure - no pausing, rapid speed, keep constant motion/tension
B)  Single leg calf stretch - Deep stretch for 30 seconds.  Alternate legs.  Two sets per leg.

Do the routine consistently for four weeks, then take a week off.  Hopefully results will be noticeable.  In my case, even 1/2" would be wonderful (get me closer to 15").

No comments:

Post a Comment