Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Musings

Chest workouts
CT stated that 5-star chest workouts don't work for some people.  I seem to be one of those.  I did have a lot of pec soreness my first week or so on 5-star, but that is probably because I had not benched in years.
Due to the fact that I can barely make it through the bench workouts, I am going to transition my training to the following:
Day 1:  5-star Squats & OHP
Day 2:  5-star Deadlift
Day 3:  Chest A & back
Day 4:  off (no lifting, running/cardio)
Day 4:  5-star Squats & OHP
Day 5:  Chest B & back
Day 6:  off
Day 7:  off

Yes, I will only be hitting deads once per week.  But the dual squat & back workouts should make up for it.  I am still performing OHP before chest, as it fits well with the squats.  And the squat workout is the most energetic cycle I have.

On off days I will perform at least some cardio.  Bike, running, etc.

Chest workouts will be based on HSS-100, which I have had great success with before

Chest A
A. DB Press - 7/5/3/7/5/3 - Rest 90s
At top, squeeze pecs
B1. Decline Bench - 3x6-8 - Rest 0
Double contraction
B2. Double-postion Band Fly - 3x8-10 - Rest 90
8-10 high position (face), then 8-10 low position (groin)
C. DB Band Press - 3x10-12 - Rest 60
D. Band punch - 100 reps

Back A - hold top position on all rows
A. Seated rows - 5x10-12
B. 1-hand rows - 2x12-15
C. Zottman curls - 4x10-12
====================================
Chest B
A. Bench Press - 5x5-max-max - Rest 120
Rest-pause.  5 reps, pause, max reps, pause, max reps
B1. Incline DB - 3x8-10 - Rest 0
double contraction
B2. Incline fly - 3x10-12 - rest 90
squeeze at top
C. Incline press to fly - 3x10-12 - rest 60
5 second eccentric
D. Incline DB press - 100 reps

Back B
A. Pullups - 50 reps
As many sets as needed, always stop before failure
B. Cable pullovers - 3x10-12
C. EZ Curls - 3x6-8






Mag10
BioTest's Mag10 seems really nifty, but expensive.  Via TrueProtein, I can make a custom mix of Casein Hydrolysate, Citruline Malate, and L-Leucine.  For about 1/2 the price of Mag10.

No comments:

Post a Comment