Sunday, June 5, 2011

2011-06-05 Check in [187.75 @ 32.875]

Mass:  187.75 (-1.0)
Waist:  32.875 (-0.375)
Arm:  15.875 (--)
Thigh:  23.5 (-0.25)
Calf:  14.75 (+0.25)

I am finally back under 33".  Hooray.  I am still 1.5" & 10.25# from my leanest, which was at the beginning of November.  And I probably have to get at least 1-2" below that to be fully lean.  So, looks like I have my work cut out for me.

The calf increase is not surprising.  Running is hell on my calves, and I went around the block twice this past week.  Note:  "around the block" is a four mile trek.

For running progression, I am not too concerned with my time, more with my endurance.  I am planning on running at least once a week, hopefully twice.  Each time I run, my goal is to increase my run to walk ratio.  Going by power line poles, I was at roughly 2:1 my first run and 3:1 the second time.  I did not have a constant ratio, and my stride/speed changed at times.  But I am aiming for adding another segment to each run.  So go to 4:1, 5:1, etc., until I can do at least three miles non-stop.

Randomly, I hit my stride best after about two miles.  So mile number 3 is the easiest for me.  Number four is not horrible, I just get tired by then.

Lifting-wise, starting up again today.  Back to 5-Star, with higher weights, five cycles, and starting at three reps.  This should take me up until parents start arriving, which would give me a deload week while they are around.  Works out pretty well that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment