Monday, March 28, 2011

Monday - 4-6 & PLP: 11 reps

@07:30 - Today starts my new full-body lifting routine.  On deck for today is the 3x4-6 day

Did my PLP already.  11 reps each.  Not too bad.  Surprising how quickly my pulse and respiration go up.
When I start hitting 30+ reps it will become "interesting".  Thought for when I get about 14/15 (or whatever my 1RM for pullups is):  start with palms out (pullups).  Just short of failure, switch to neutral trip.  Just short of failure, switch to palms in (chinups).  Just short of failure, stop the set, do the same number of lunges & pushups, then resume.  So basically do mechanical advantage drop sets for pulls.

@17:45 - Workout complete.  Made it through, shoulders did not bug me too much, weights used were acceptable.  Alternating between squats & romanians is a bit of a pain.  Move sabers, unload bar, move bar, move hooks, place bar, reload bar, lift.  But it gives me forced time between sets.

Overall, the routine went pretty well.  No muscle group/motion was overloaded, I don't feel particularly dead/hammered anywhere in specific, so I count it as a win.  Eighteen heavy-ish sets, and I don't feel beaten down at all.  My triceps are a bit tired/sore, but that is all.

@19:00 - had an extra meal (#7, P+C, surge made 8), as I was crashing out.

No comments:

Post a Comment