Friday, May 13, 2011

Thursday - START 5-STAR

OVERVIEW OF DAY

  • Squat workout - tough, but not bad.  
  • Need to start Top-Squats from j-hooks to prevent back injury
  • Crashed @ 13:30, due to not eating soon enough after squats

LOG

@12:30

Just did the squat portion of CT's 5-Star complex.  Only four cycles.  Holy hell I was dripping sweat and huffing.  Made it through, and the only thing I had to lower weight on was my final set of top-squats (dropped from 335# to 315#).

For the top squats - the first rep is tough, but once I get set at the top it is pretty easy to keep going.  I do let the bar rest on the pins between reps (no bouncing), but I am able to keep the proper tension between reps.  I'll need to practice my first rep set up so it is not so brutal.

Overall, the workout went quite well.  Just about 30 minutes, including warm ups and rest periods.  Each cycle (lift, set up next exercise, etc) took just about 4 minutes.  Add in the 60ish seconds between cycles, and that gave me about 20 minutes of lifting with 10 minutes of warm ups.  Not bad.

This afternoon, I will be doing the overhead press workout.

NOTE - Start the top squats from j-hooks.  Reason:  lower back is twinging now, and I am willing to bet it is due to that first top-squat rep.  Yes, this will require moving the hooks between exercises.

@14:00 - I crashed hard around 13:30.  Wobbly, could not talk well, etc.  So even including Surge WOF and Recovery, I only have about an hour after lifting to consume food.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment