Saturday, September 1, 2012

2012-09-01 Check in [210.8 @ 36.625] - Start Low-Carb


Mass:  210.8 (-4.9)
Waist:  36.625 (--)
Arm:  16.625 (+0.125)
Thigh:  25.0 (--)
Calf:  15.25 (--)

Annoying results, but not hideously unexpected.
1.  From Saturday - Wednesday, my diet was absolute shite.  I went out to CO (red-eyes both ways), and over ate a lot of junk.  I also did no exercise
2.  Thursday & Friday I did low carb (none on Thursday, about 60g post-workout on Friday), so I have probably lost some water weight already.  Thus the mass loss without waist change.

This coming week I will continue the low-carb routine, basically running the CBL prep phase again.  Hopefully I will be able to get my waist back to a reasonable size over the next week, and then resume more controlled back-loading.

Longer-term thoughts:

Lifting
1.  Finish off the Boring But Big challenge (1.5 cycles remaining)
2.  Go to a 2-on/1-off cycle for lifting days.  The 3:1 was killing me.  If I need to, I will drop to a set 4 days per week
3.  I will probably switch to a more varied high rep routine

Diet
1.  Remain on CBL for the BBB challenge.  However, go back to Shelby-style eating (clean food, measure quantities post-workout)
2.  Whether I stay on CBL or go on a carb-cycling routine will depend upon:
  A) my overall CBL results
  B) how I feel about it (energy levels, overall well-being, etc)

No comments:

Post a Comment