Friday, September 14, 2012

2012-09-14 Check in [212.6 @ 36.0]

Mass:  212.6 (+4.6)
Waist:  36.0 (--)
Arm:  16.625 (+0.125)
Thigh:  25.0 (--)
Calf:  15.125 (--)

Not quite sure how I gained 4.6# this week, but I'll accept it, as it came with no gain in waist size.  Probably water retention for the most part.  Very likely I will be lower next week, but that is ok.  Weekly spike up & down are acceptable, provided the overall trend is more mass without a larger waist.

Only one more cycle of Boring But Big.  Which is good, as I am losing enthusiasm for the program.  Next up:  a more traditional body building split.  I have yet to work out the details, but it will probably be a four day rotation (legs, chest, back, shoulders), but with some direct arm work every day.  The high frequency back work I am doing currently seems to be very effective (rows, chins, or deadlifts every lifting day), so I figure that if I try the same frequency for my arms it might help them.

After my bodybuilding cycle (12 weeks or so), I will begin the slow process of leaning out over a 6-month period or so.  Diet will probably be more Shelby-traditional carb cycling.  Lifting will start with something like the Triumverate (same basic set up as Boring But Big, but more strength than hypertrophy focused).

No comments:

Post a Comment