Friday, January 6, 2012

exertion levels

I do not know if the Indigo 3G experiment actually did anything for my carb tolerance and/or nutrient partitioning abilities.  However, it does seem to have at least one lasting effect.

Courtesy of Thib's insanely brutal training style (lots of super-giant sets, extreme intensity lifting, etc), I have learned how to truly push myself to the limit when lifting.  The 5/3/1 cycles I have done in the time since I ended the Indigo training have been the most effective and brutal lifting sessions I have ever done.

My previous two cycles were focused on body-building.  5-6 assistance exercises, 4-5 sets each, and 10-15 reps per set.  A fuck-ton of volume.  I am now on a lower-volume cycle, with 4 assistance exercises mostly in the 5-8 rep range (a few 10-12s).  But all of the workouts have drained me.  I feel fine when doing them, although I do occasionally run out of strength by the end of things.  Afterwards I am utterly gassed.  Not from a lack of bouncy energy, but from overall muscular exhaustion.

Additionally, the Indigo training taught me to be more focused on what I am doing, which no doubt aids in the "kill my muscles" ability.  I have been able to force myself into true muscular failure, wherein the target muscle group quite simply stops firing.  Previously, I only reached failure in a more overall manner, where the failure was from hitting a strength wall where I could not move the weight, but it was not focused on specific muscles.

Overall, the experiment was worth the cost, even if the supplement itself was not effective.

No comments:

Post a Comment