Sunday, October 16, 2011

2011-10-16 Check in [197.75 @ 34.735]

Mass:  197.75
Waist:  34.375
Arm:  16.0
Thigh:  24.625
Calf:  15.0

My waist is growing larger than I would like it to.  However, my thigh and calf are larger than they have been since I started cutting fat 16 months ago.  And I am leaner than I was at that point.

Anyhow, I will actually control my diet a bit.  Mostly by actually measuring my intake and not just eating randomly sized portions.  I will also add in a bit of cardio.  If that doesn't work, I will cut out wheat again (yes, I know, it is bad), and add in more cardio.

Last week is when I started high rep squats.  It looks like they work well, so I am going to continue them.  However, the new hypertrophy program I was on courtesy of CT was killing me.  I had no strength or endurance, and was having hypoglycemic crashes after every workout regardless of food intake.  I am going to try out a workout that is based more upon what I have found works for me.  Mostly in the 8-10 rep range.  I will be going back to a fairly standard five day split (chest, quads, back, shoulders, hamstrings).  Although I will some extra quad work on my hamstring days.  Progression will be either straight weight (for a few exercises), or volume then weight (ex:  week 1 - 4x8, week 2 - 4x10 with same weight, week 3 - 4x8 with more weight).

No comments:

Post a Comment