Monday, October 3, 2011

2011-10-03 Check in [198.75 @ 34.75]

2011-10-03 check in & general status

Mass:  198.75 (+1.5)
Waist:  34.75 (+0.75)
Arm:  16.25 (+0.125)
Thigh:  24.375 (--)
Calf:  14.875 (--)

Yes, a day late.  I forgot to weigh in yesterday.

The mass & waist gain is unsurprising.  My diet has sucked, I have not had energy or stamina to work out, and I felt somewhat bloated this morning (not sure why, but my guts were unhappy).

On the upside, my leg workout just kicked ass.  HFSW went really well (everything was insanely easy).  Even the DB bench press I was able to to stop-reps (pause in the fully stretched position, then drive up).

Quad work:
Ramping Leg press - everything was explosive.  Until I got near my max weight the sled actually left my feet.  Plus, I went heavier than last time.

Lunges & hack squats - Actually hit failure on these.  My last set of hacks I only got 7 reps, rather than 12.  The dead-stops below parallel are killer

Leg extension & bodyweight squats - For the squats, my quads were so fried that I focused on glute & hamstring based movement.  Bonus feature - doing the squats like this (mid-stance, pure posterior chain) meant I felt NOTHING in my knees.  Usually my stopping point in squats is that the side of my knees give out.  This is not due to bad form, but rather because I have had surgeries on both knees.  I also am a quad-dominant squatter.  Even in a wide-stance power squat my lower quads & knees take a beating.  I am going to have to work on the mid-stance posterior squat form more.  If it works well with a bar on my back, I might just have to completely revamp my technique to do it this way.

Also:  All praise be to TrueProtein's Geraniamo.  I was REALLY dragging this morning, much like I have been the entire past week.  I downed some Geraniamo before my workout, and I was flying.  I guess I just needed the energy boost.

No comments:

Post a Comment