Sunday, April 29, 2012

2012-04-29 Check In [208.8 @ 36.0]

Mass:  208.8 (-2.0)
Waist:  36.0 (-0.125)
Arm:  16.25 (--)
Thigh:  25.0 (--)
Calf:  15.0 (-0.25)

The lack of major waist change was probably due to a bit of bloat from last night (burger & fries).

I think I have determined that the real factor for my waist, even above diet, is doing sprints.  Hill sprints seem to rip fat off of my waist.  This past week I only did one session, and half-assed it.  Hopefully the weather will continue to be nicer this week so I can run more.

My plan for workout location is to join the SAIC gym once I get back from CO in two weeks.  I will be working really close to the corporate building, so hitting the gym after work will be easy and beneficial in two ways:  1) forces me to work out on a set schedule (and ensures I don't get distracted by stuff at the house); 2) lets me miss traffic on the way home.  If I get to the gym at 5:30ish, then I will be able to warm up, lift, do brief cardio (treadmill sprints only take 10-15 minutes), and then leave at 7:00 or so.  Which will let a lot of the traffic die down, shortening my commute.

This also dovetails nicely with my lifting cycles.  My current 5/3/1 cycle will end next week (just before I head to CO).  Then I can start a new cycle when I return.  For lifting days, I will probably keep on the 4-day per week plan, and lift Mon, Tues, & Thurs at the gym.  Deadlifts will be on Saturday at the house.  Reasons for the funky schedule:  1) deadlifting heavy is best done where they don't care about noise; 2) Gives me Wednesdays for Buffy/mid-week relaxation; 3) On my 9/80 work schedule, I will only be in the office every other Friday, so scheduling a lifting day then would not work very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment