Thursday, December 1, 2011

Bands, down time, and stuff

Last night I played around with bands on my bench press.  Monster mini bands, doubled up.  I have learned a few things:
1.  Do not do band work to start the session if I have a lot of volume to do.  Band presses burn me out too much
2.  I need to do more band work to force my stabilizers to get stronger.
3.  I need to pick up some short bands.  The full-size bands suck for benching, and having to double them up adds way more tension than I wanted.  This will have to wait for EliteFTS to have another sale and/or free shipping deal
4.  Bonus - short bands are good for deadlifting.  Just step into the bands and pull

This is my scheduled deload week.  And I really need it. I am utterly fragged.  My energy levels are good, my mental attitude is fully engaged in lifting, I have minimal if any soreness, but my muscles are trashed.  So I am going to be taking it easy this week. Lifting Wednesday, Friday, Monday, Wednesday.

When I start my new cycle next Friday, I will probably stick to a four day per week rotation.  Probably Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, Friday.  Rather than my chaotic 5-6 day/week schedule.  And on my off days, as I will be twitchy, I will just do cardio and/or chop wood.

No comments:

Post a Comment