Sunday, December 25, 2011

2011-12-25 Check In [210.25 @ 36.0]

Mass:  210.25 (+4.75)
Waist:  36.0 (+0.75)
Arm:  16.75 (+0.25)
Thigh:  25.0 (+0.125)
Calf:  15.125 (+0.125)

Yeah, so.....This last week's diet was "eat like shite, randomly, and have way too many restaurant meals".  This did not do good things to my physique.

My stated goal was to continue mass gaining until February, and then start leaning out in March.  However, I had a cut-off limit of 36" for my waist.  So, I am revising my plan.  Step 1:  stay (mostly) on diet this week.  Step 2: Weigh in again next week.  Step 3:  If my waist is back under 36", continue mass gain for another cycle.  However, if my waist is at or above 36", I will begin leaning out.
-----------------
Right-o.  I have come to a decision.  This coming week I will continue on the mass-gain/relaxed eating schedule.  I have two more core workouts (legs & shoulders), and then my deload days.  I am going to compress the deloads into two days (Mon - Legs,  Tues - shoulders, Thurs - deload back & chest, Fri deload legs & shoulders).

Next week I will begin leaning out.  I am going to take it quite slowly, to preserve as much muscle mass as possible.  Perhaps even add a tiny amount.  My lifting routine will go from higher rep hypertrophy to lower rep strength work.

End goal - Get my waist as lean as possible (probably around 30").  So, I am going to say I have about 6" to lose off of my waist.  When doing the Shelby diet, I lost about 5.5# for every inch off of my waist. I am hoping to improve that ratio, so that I lose less mass per inch.  I would love to drop my waist the 6" and only lose about 20#.  Which would put me at 190# and lean.  Not great, but a good base.

No comments:

Post a Comment